Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World rallycross abandons Lydden for Silverstone

+2
CDM
Sal the 2nd
6 posters

Go down

World rallycross abandons Lydden for Silverstone Empty World rallycross abandons Lydden for Silverstone

Post  Sal the 2nd Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:42 am

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/article/9445/silverstone-to-host-world-rx

Personally feel its a sad decision.
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

World rallycross abandons Lydden for Silverstone Empty Re: World rallycross abandons Lydden for Silverstone

Post  CDM Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Chris

I was just about to post the same message....

I had never been to the spiritual home of Rallycross Lydden Hill until Steve (Hampton Caught) invited me down a few years ago.

What a fantastic track to see ALL of the action on the undulating track. BUT an absolute pain in the aris to get out of, everything exiting through one gate hole.

So Silverstone is easier to get in and out of but the track is as flat as a pancake.

Looks like I need to be at the last World Rallycross at Lydden Hill on 27/28 May. See you all there

...Steve can I book a spot in your caravan???

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

World rallycross abandons Lydden for Silverstone Empty Re: World rallycross abandons Lydden for Silverstone

Post  Speedy Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:19 pm

Would have thought that Brands Hatch would have been a more iconic track to use........then maybe a few videos that have popped up lately on social media and the memories of the coverage from Grandstand are making me think that way Very Happy
Speedy
Speedy

http://www.peespeed.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Lowe Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:10 am

Apparently JP dosn't want Rallycross at Brands.
Lydden good, but with the World Rallycross circus getting bigger teams bring guests, sponsors and they want decent amenities.
I hope its a good event in 2018
Mark Lowe
Mark Lowe

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:36 am

Ohh great even further to travel if that's possible

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Carlisle to Lydden Hill approx 590 miles

Carlisle to Silverstone approx 413 miles

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:49 am

Solberg gets a VW Polo for World Rallycross 2017

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127703/solberg-gets-vw-support-for-2017

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:55 am

Can't say the WRX move from Lydden was too much of a shock. Pat Doran (the circuit opwner) had been hoping to have Planning Permission for a new entrance/ exit to the dual carriageway, but this has not been granted. Hopefully he will continue with alternative plans such that we'll see the WRX return 'home' to Lydden in two-three years' time. We'll see.

I'll be at Lydden for the last hurrah (for now) of the WRX this May. My model display this year will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first Rallycross meeting at Lydden Hill on 4th February 1967, so it's just past the actual day. Yes Chris, you're always welcome in the caravan. Let's remember the sleeping bags this time! Rolling Eyes

The display will be there for both days of the event as well as EVERY round of the British Rallycross Championship. This includes a weekend at Mondello Park again (yippee Cool ) 22nd and 23rd July, so hope to see some more members along for some rallycross action this year - always very neat to meet up with you guys at events.

Thinking of which, the display (which I'll be adding to througout the year) will be on dsplay at Race Retro very soon.

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:54 am

Steve

Looking forward to World Rally X at Lydden Hill

I have just purcheased a new sleeping bag, to replace the one I forgot last time!!!

Cheers
Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:19 pm

More about the Silverstone RX for 2018.

It will host a round of the British Championship before the World Championship event.

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/news/rallying-news/rallycross/british-rx-to-open-new-silverstone-track/

So where do all the spectators stand? There appears to be no embankments and temporary grandstands perhaps?

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:23 pm

Looking forward to enjoying the wonders of Silverstone three times in 2018.

Season opener for the MSA British Rallycross Championship on March 17th 2018 and season closer 3rd November. Then there's the WRX meeting somewhere in the middle!

Can't wait!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down